Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quitter

Sometime before my last post, I struggled with the possibility of giving up writing in my blog altogether. Maybe incorrectly, I assumed that I was losing readers. I thought that a lack of comments meant a lack of interest. As soon as outside interest is gone, there will be no reason to post. Of course, maybe I’m to blame for getting a little too serious in comparison to some other light reading that my constituents might be used to. I know I’ve offended some with a few of my opinions, but that is inconsequential because if I’m not ruffling feathers on some issues that I discuss, I’m not making an impact and not making people think.

I guess another part of the reason I felt a lack of love was the fact that my blog stopped delivering emails to tell me when people posted comments. I’ll have to investigate further because I was able to read several comments today that I had no idea were there. Mom alerted me that my beloved sister’s comments ‘made her contacts float’. Thanks, Mandroni, you know I’m thinking about you always and hope that, above all other things, Tony is delivered back to you with nary a scratch. We recently found out that Tony is officially ‘in country’ and won’t have an APO address until he comes home in December. Evidently, things will only get uglier in Afghanistan for the time being. I just know they better send Tony back on time. My Georgia Peaches anxiously await his return. Brigid even posted, and I’ll always remember her for the kind words when Yuengling passed. She understands the power of the unconditional love one gets from great pets. She holds a prominent place on my list of regular reads with Breda. This is my ‘chicks with guns’ blog entertainment. I wholeheartedly recommend both blogs to those that love the finer things in life as much as I- good food, good guns, a good read, and a free America. Of course, when Brigid’s comment revealed an IQ identical to the level at which I’ve been tested, it surprised me at first, but it became clear to me why I still regularly read what she and Breda have to say. My tolerance for blather is almost nonexistent, and that could probably be considered a fault. Sometimes one has to wade through the swamp to get to the beach. Their beaches are sunny, warm, and have plenty of white powder sand. I still learn something new every day, and I hope never to see a day that I add nothing to the library in my head. For now, I’ll be a writer, a gunmaker, a good husband, son, and brother. I’ll just do what I can to put my stamp on the earth and make my home in the hearts of those I love. CZ

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh must I constantly stroke your genius to continue reading? ha ha ha I also look on an almost daily basis to see whats new to ponder. I havent kept up with my blog either. I have been busy with grants for the fire dept which has paid off....almost $250,000 in grant money this year for the small town of Central City...I should be able to own the city with that much money!! :-) BTW I have a new 2001 Z71 in the driveway! When we doing dinner?

Anonymous said...

My gosh must I constantly stroke your genius to continue reading? ha ha ha I also look on an almost daily basis to see whats new to ponder. I havent kept up with my blog either. I have been busy with grants for the fire dept which has paid off....almost $250,000 in grant money this year for the small town of Central City...I should be able to own the city with that much money!! :-) BTW I have a new 2001 Z71 in the driveway! When we doing dinner?

CZ Nash said...

Now, now...Does that mean the artist that renders the new shield design for the department gets paid with some of that grant money? What's my deadline?

Jamie said...

money no......ill give you a hig hows that. Maybe get it by the end of the year?

Jamie said...

shoulda been hug....damn

*Jen* said...

I check your blog daily to see any updates.
Don't stop writing, dork!

Anonymous said...

I check it daily too!! Dont stop posting!!!

CZ Nash said...

You're the dork. Thanks for the support. I love dork support for fellow dorks.

CZ Nash said...

Hypothetical, imaginary hug will be fine, thank you. CZ

Anonymous said...

your my number one on my top favs, fyi! love you!

Anonymous said...

as you see now, mom is an avid reader as well. many of times she has asked me, "did you read chrissy-poo's blog today". i'd say no, and of course she would reply with her infamous, "it made my contacts float" comment. God i love her. no wonder we are both so blessed. look who our parents are! hello!!!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy-poo!?!

I'm making a sign with that on it for your bunk at the cabin.