Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

Scotty asked, so here it goes.

I can't believe CSCO has been in the tank for so long. It's been taking a beating for a couple months now--unjustifiably. I'm looking for a serious move up in the next few months. Just get over 30 by June and I'll be happy. Several analysts just upgraded it to a 'buy' today and I'm hoping the lemmings on Wall Street will follow with big buys. I currently hold a few calls with July expirations, so I have time. Time is NOT on my side for a NOK contract and one EXM contract. I'll be ok on those even if I have to take a loss on the NOK April 40 since I've done well with riding the waves on PCZ and EXM. My Strangles, Calls, and protective Puts are all somewhat nerve-wracking at times, but it gives me my gambling fix.

TDAmeritrade is my broker of choice for those of you interested. They've taken care of me for years. I can't say the same for TRowePrice. They suck your capital gains away with fees out the wazoo and that's why they lost what little business they had of mine. Everything is now doing well in several Vanguard accounts. Retiring early is the goal, and it would be nice to time paying off a new house with kissing the working world goodbye. Time will tell.

I think I'll hold off on any political ramblings for now. Hitlery Clinton looks like she's been through 10 rounds with Kelly Pavlik and her campaign is not faring much better. Obama may just be our next Prez. Here's to another 4 years of having to choose and vote for the least damaging of all evils. Argh.

No comments: