Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Original



I'm on a political high this morning after getting an email from one of my best friends last night. JohnL, now from Omaha, originally a Cheese Head, refuted the evidence given by the guy in my recent post about gun owners being happier people. I realize everything one reads on 'the interweb' should be taken with a grain of salt and should be heavily researched before stating it as fact. I never thought that story was absolutely true, and I just posted it as something fellow gun owners would like to read. Everyone likes to read 'studies' that support their belief, and that's all I was doing. So, now, I'm going to post something I absolutely believe in, and I will post quotes that can be "googled" forevermore.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself! They are the American people's Liberty Teeth and keystone under Independence. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurances, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere, restrains evil interference -- they deserve a place of honor with all that's good!" President George Washington, in a speech to Congress. 7 January, 1790

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington



That's the original president of the United States of America, people. The first. There were several in his circle that saw this young country just as he did (Jefferson, etc), and unfortunately, our leaders of today can't seem to see the light. All they need to do is pick up a book or click on their computer to see what has happened to myriad countries that have taken their citizens' arms away.

I won't ever see this because I know that nobody will ever take my guns....or my freedom...


CZ

No comments: