Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slump

Like a major league hitter, I feel I've been in a bit of a slump over the last couple of weeks. I guess I feel like my life has been filled with nothing but work. I finished painting the office yesterday, after my beloved painted the majority Saturday, and it just doesn't seem like fitting material for my blog. I haven't come across any interesting characters lately, either, like the mover with four kids (plus one he forgot about).

I did go to Aldi yesterday, as well, but I think I've mastered the quarter deposit lock system on the carts, so no funny supermarket blog stuff there. We haven't really had any solid friend time, either. It's been a few weeks since we've been to Jason and Angie's, so there haven't been any late night drunken Wii sessions of bowling, baseball, and golf. Don't get me wrong, there have been a few brief good times sprinkled in. We went to the big Catholic Church spring carnival with the Faldons for a couple hours, and that was a good time of filling my gut with greasy brats and funnel cake. And we had dinner with acquaintances of Karen's this weekend with veeerrry good family-farm-grown steak. Delicious. I'm just not feeling that my coffee mug of good times has been filled to the brim lately.

Mother's day came and went with good quality family time, but I'm sooo ready for a weekend of fun. I'm going to get started on working up something for this weekend. The weather is too good not to, and I have far too many good friends around to not be enjoying it with them. CZ

No comments: