Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Who Knew?


If anyone had told me ten years ago how far my dearest and only sister would come, I would have laughed and laughed, probably near rolling on the floor. Well, she comes up with some gems nowadays, and I've got to point everyone in the direction of her comments on my previous two entries: "Gears Turning" and "Baked and Broken" Please read them both. She posts under her brotherly-love-given name of Mandroni but is formally known as Mandi or Amanda.


Craig and I had recently spoken briefly about Tony (Mandi's dearest- overseas in Afghanistan) and getting him some things from home. Craig thought it would be a good idea to send some things over from home since he doesn't have any family fighting for his country and my family is the only one he knew in the cause. Send most anything, and if Tony can't or won't use it, his men and women at arms will. Go to AnySoldier.com for tips on items to send or other addresses for other heroes.


LTC Illya Chisolm

HHC 27TH BCT-J3 PLANS

APO AE 09320


He's the one on the left with the M4, not the goofy-hatted Afghan trainee with the Kalashnikov.

Love you to death, Mandroni
Look! You prompted a rare two posts in one day!
CZ


CZ

No comments: