Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Getting a Beat-Down

Maybe the stock market getting a beat-down is contributing to my neck issues. I'm still in pain today, only a little less than yesterday. Last night wasn't as bad, and it didn't hurt quite as much this morning. It's amazing how fast and how hard we fall when it comes to simple muscle strains. Pull something in your back and you could be down for months. Pull something in the neck and shoulder area, and it's excruciating for days. Both injuries are in or near your core and prevent you from doing almost anything physical. I'll look into the orange-flavored rub Angie was talking about. At this stage, my neck feels like I strained every single muscle that controls my head. Sore muscles would benefit from some sort of heat rub, I would think.

On another note, I'm still at odds as to what the stock market is going through right now. It's baffling. Everything is getting a royal beat-down today, including my many mid-sized gems. Amazon (AMZN) is the exception. There was much talk yesterday on MSNBC about everything going south. Becky whatsername had a long interview with Warren Buffet and he spoke candidly about everything Berkshire is buying and selling right now and the way he sees the market going. I agree with him that we're officially in a recession (by definition) and should buy wisely. I went into my account yesterday around 2pm and picked up a put contract on Amazon, but of course, today it's one of only a handful of stocks on the rise. This defies logic until I see that Cramer said something about a few other companies on the NASDAQ (including AMZN) last night on his show. He sees them going down more as well since these companies generally sell products that are purchased with descretionary income.

Jim Cramer (of Mad Money fame) is a little bit of a blowhard. I can't really watch him because of his way-too-enthusiastic yelling, and it seems to me that anything he mentions as a strong buy has a strong, short surge, but then goes back down to where it was or even lower. This tells me the lemmings watch his show then buy merely on his suggestion. There are a few bloggers that are saying that the weird uptick for AMZN today is due to short sale covers and will be back down tomorrow and the rest of the month. We'll wait and see. My neck can't take much more and can only wait to see if the bloggers are with me on this one and see it as Buffett does. There's a reason the dude has a net worth of somewhere near 60 Billion (that's with a B). I can dream.
CZ

No comments: